Monday, November 22, 2010

Grandpa, I miss you. A lot. It's been almost two years & I still think about you all the time. Being seven hundred miles away from you, I didn't always get to see you as much as I'd like. I remember everything. The times you'd come to Michigan in the spring to visit, the summers I spent in Massachusetts, the days you'd get sunburnt on the beach, the mornings I'd wake up & smell coffee, the stories you'd tell me about when you were in different countries. I remember it all. & I miss it. The thing I miss the most about you is your strength though. You lived through the loss of two daughters, two wifes, many friends & you still kept your head held high. You gave me one of the greatest people I have, my father. You've shown me how to never take anything in life for granted. I love you & miss you. I promise I won't let you down, Papa Lyons.♥

Auntie Sheila, let me start off by saying that you are everything I think a person should be. Kind, generous, strong & loving. You knew more about pain & suffering then anyone should ever have to, but you never let it get to you. You survived cancer multiple times & when it came back you still put everyone else before you. Your selflessness is beautiful. One of the things I admired the most about you is that you really, truly cared about others. I remember getting phone calls on my birthday & necklaces, "just because". Even on that sad December day; when you were sick again, you made sure everyone else was happy. You were a great person. I love you, miss you & think of you often.♥

No comments:

Post a Comment